Add a News feed to integrate feeds from your blog, radio station, or other media sources.
Why add this feature?
- Keep your app users updated on sales, special events, and other big news.
- Stay on your users’ radars to increase customer engagement and sales.
Before you Begin:
RSS feeds are XML files which are used to deliver a site summary. You cannot use a regular URL. You need the RSS page URL.
You can test your RSS page URL using the Firefox browser:
- Open Firefox.
- Paste your RSS page URL in the address bar.
If the data is displayed correctly in the browser, it should appear correctly in the app’s simulator as well.
To add a News feed to your app:
- Sign in to your Swiftic account.
- Click Edit App.
- In the App Features tab, click + .
- In the All Features category tab, select the News feature.
- Enter a feature name, or leave it as is.
- Provide the following information:
Field Description Feed URL Enter the news feed’s URL.
Note: The feed should automatically be displayed in the simulator. If you cannot see the RSS feed in the simulator, go to http://validator.w3.org/feed/ and validate your RSS feed. Invalid feeds, may appear incorrectly or may not appear at all.
Refresh Select how often you want the playlist to refresh in the drop-down menu. Type Sort your videos by Default, Newest, or Oldest in the drop-down menu. Click to add Geo-location information to your feed. Tab Name Only enter a Tab name if you include more than one news feed, to enable your users to navigate between the feeds.
- To add another news feed, click + Add Another Tab.
- Define your feature background:
a) Click (+) in the Background section.
b) Click (+) and browse to the compatible images for smartphones (640px X 960px) and tablets (2048px X 1536px) respectively, and click Open.
c) Use the drag-n-crop tool to adjust the image.
d) Click OK.
e) Click OK.
- Select a Layout to customize the look and feel of your app.