You need to include screenshots when submitting your app to the various app stores.
When taking screenshots, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your screenshots must depict your app as it appears when it is running.
- Include screenshots that portray your app functionality.
- Take screenshots that will make your app stick out.
Recommended Screen Capturing Tools
- Snipping Tool: Included in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Experience Pack for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005. To upload Snipping Tool, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool.
- Jing: Click here to download this tool for free.
To take screenshots of your app:
- Sign in to your Swiftic account.
- Click Edit App.
- Click on the device icons to see a preview of your app on the app simulator.
a) Apple: iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6
b) Android: Smartphone and Tablet
- Choose a screen to capture (see our recommendations above).
- Open a screen capturing tool.
- To take screenshots using Snipping tool:
a) Click New.
b) Press and hold the left mouse button to select the area of your screen that you want to capture, and then release.
c) Click File> Save as, and save the screenshot on your computer.