The Forms feature enables users to send feedback, report issues, ask questions, or join your mailing list, as well as share locations and upload photos.
Why add this feature?
- Engage with your users by requesting and receiving their feedback.
- Use feedback to find out which aspects of your app work well and which parts could use some tweaking.
- Get valuable feedback on other elements of your business and use this information to help you meet your business goals.
To add a form to your app:
- Sign in to your Swiftic account.
- Click Edit App.
- In the App Features tab, click + .
- In the All Features category tab, select the Forms feature.
- Enter a Feature name, or leave it as is.
- Select a form type: mailing, inquiry or custom.
- Enter a form name and description.
- To add a form image, click + , browse to a compatible image (640px X 320px), and click Open. Use the drag-n-crop tool to adjust the image, and click OK.
- Set the form fields settings:
Note: If you uncheck the Active box, users will not see this field.
- You can arrange the order in which the fields appear, by clicking and dragging the row.
- The available field types are:
a) Name: A field in which the user can enter text.
b) Email Address: A field in which the user can enter their email address. Once a user submits the form, the email address format is verified. If the email address entered is not a valid email format, the user is prompted to enter a valid email.
c) Phone number: A field in which the user can enter text.
d) Multi-line text: A field in which the user can enter multiple lines of text.
e) Date: A drop-down menu from which the user can select a date.
f) Time: A drop-down menu from which the user can select a time. This field is based on a 24-hour clock format.
g) Gender: A drop-down menu from which the user can select male or female.
h) Country: A drop-down menu from which the user can select a country.
i) State: A drop-down menu from which the user can select a state.
j) Photos: This field is not visible in the app simulator.
k) Location: A check-box that users can select to enable the application to collect their current location.
l) Checkbox: A customizable check-box.
m) Text: A customizable text field in which the user can enter 1 line of text.
- Enter a name in the Submission button text field. This is the name of the button that the user will press to submit the form.
- Enter a name in the Success message field. This is the message which is displayed once your user submits their message.
- Select the Alert me when I receive new messages check box in the Manage Received Submissions section, to receive an email alert whenever a user submits a form.